Buy Psilocybe Azurescens magic mushroom kit | Outdoor Cultivation online.
Buy Psilocybe Azurescens magic mushroom kit | Outdoor Cultivation Online. Purchase a kit of Psilocybe Azurescens magic mushrooms online. You may utilize the spawn bag included with the Azurescens kit to develop your own Azurescens mushrooms. It is easy to use and may inoculate 5 to 10 liters of woodchips to build a mushroom bed in your backyard. Psilocybe Azurescens is about five to six times as potent as Psilocybe cubensis.
February and March are the optimal planting months for an outdoor patch of Azurescens. Consequently, the mycelium will have sufficient time to colonize the wood, and you will harvest Azurescens mushrooms in the autumn. However, success cannot be guaranteed.
There are too many factors that might impact the grow’s success. There are no refunds or replacements for Psilocybe Azurens spawn. Purchase a kit of Psilocybe Azurescens magic mushrooms online.
Contents of the Psilocybe Azurescens mushroom kit
- 280 ml of spawn form the psilocybe Azurescens Mushroom
Grow Information Azurescens Outdoor Growkit
- Destination: Outdoor
- Substrate: Wood chips
- Strength: Very strong
- Cultivation level: average – hard
- Colonization temperature: 16-24ºC
- Fructification temperature: around 7ºC
- Harvest period: October-January
The Azurescens grows in colder and wetter climates. The mushrooms usually appear around autumn and winter. You will need a spot in the garden that can be undisturbed for a long time. Because setting up the Azurescens takes long time. from spawn to harvest can take months. Buy Psilocybe Azurescens magic mushroom kit online.
This kit is used for outdoor cultivation and could become contaminated with other mushrooms. Make sure to harvest only the Psilocybe Azurescens mushroom from the patch and remove all others.
When to start growing Azurescens?
- You can start the Azurescens kit any time of the year, between March and October. To make things easy here is a timeline were you can see when to start to get you set-up for the same year.
- The Azurescens mycelium will need time to colonize and get ready to fruit the mushrooms. This process takes months. If you start early in the year you could have your first flush of mushrooms around October.
- If you start in September the first mushroom will grow the year after.
Timeline for growing the Azurescens mushrooms outdoor:
- January, February: Make or buy spawn
- February, March: Transfer of the colonized spawn to sterilized wood chips.
- March, April, May : Transfer the colonized wood chips to outdoor wood chips beds.
- September, October, November, December : Fruiting of the mushrooms, and harvest
How to grow psilocybe Azurescens Mushrooms?
Stuff you need:
- Garden or balcony
- 5 – 10 liter of woodchips, 6 mm. If it;s too thick it takes long tot colonize
- Cardboardbox, Dimension: 30 x 30 x 15 cm.
- Plastic bag
- Container 1-2 liter, form mixing the spawn and woodchips
- Patience: yes, again… you will have to wait.
Azurescens grow kit instructions
Growing Azurescens mushrooms looks difficult but if you follow the next steps carefully you are on step closer to grow them in your garden or balcony.
Step 1: Prepare the substrate
- Take a big container and add the wood chip
- Boil enough water to soak the wood chips
- Submerge the woodchips with clean tap water
- Leave to soak for 12 hours
Step 2: Prepare the Azurescens spawn
First wash your hands.
- Take the container with the spawn (Azurescens mycelium) and open the lid
- Use a clean ziplock bag or bowl and add the spawn to it. Alternatively you can leave the spawn in the container and break it in there.
- Gently break the mycelium in little chunks/pieces, or squeeze the bag to break up the mycelium.
Now you can inoculate the wood chips with the Azurescens spawn pieces.
Step 3: Inoculate the woodchips
- Get you tub of sterilized wood chips
- Aadd the spawn to the wood chips
- Mix the spawn with the wood chips, using your hands or a fork.
Make sure to distribute the mycelium chunks evenly over the woodchips. The mycelium will start growing again and will cover the woodchips (colonize) much faster if there is mycelium chunks all around the substrate.
Step 4 Colonization of the woodchips
- Cover the woodchips with a piece of wet cardboard, and put the lid on top. DO not close the lid, just leave it on top. The substrate should be covered , but the mycelium must be able to breath and grow. No air no growth.
- Keep the container in a clean, dust and draft free area in your house.
- Leave the container colonize for 4-5 weeks ubtil it is fully colonized by the Azurens mycelium.
- When all the woodchips are white of the mycelium you are ready for the next step.
Step 5: Prepare the extra woodchips
- Get the rest of the wood chips and pour in a large container
- Boil enough water to submerge the woodchips
- Submerge the woodchips in water. Alternatively you can boil the woodchips with the water in a pot (large pan) on the stove, let it simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Let the woodchips soak in the water and cool overnight (12 hours)
- Drain all the water from the woodchips. The wood chips should be moist not wet
Step 6: Make the mycelium bed in a box (and an alternative)
You will need the cardboard box, the colonized woodchips and the moist woodchips form step 6. (previous step). Make sure the cardboard box is closed at the bottom, some extra tape can help.
- Wash your hands.
- Add both batches of woodchips to the cardboard box an mix them gently, but very well, together.
The colonized woodchips should be mixed evenly over the moist woodchips. Now you are ready to plant your Azurescens mycelium outside!
Step 7: Bury the Azurescens mycelium outside
You will need a shovel, a cardboard box containing mycelium, more soil or woodchips, leaves, and branches. Choose a plot of land that is in the shade and out of direct sunshine. And that may remain undisturbed for an extended period. Here is where you will construct your Azurescens mycelium bed.
- Dig a hole that fits the box
- Make sure the box stays open and bury the cardboard box
- Add 1 cm of moist top soil on your Azurescens mycelium bed
- You can add some grass seeds to the soil to make it a nice garden patch. Alternatively cover it with more woodchips , leaves, moss or branches
Now you wait, while the mycelium is spreading underground forming its network even further. You both wait until autumn/ fall for the ideal temperatures to fruit and harvest.
Taking care of your Azurescens outdoor patch
An Azurescens that is made properly will last you year after year. But it will need some taking care of.
The secret to an eternal Azurescens mushroom patch is moisture. It is essential to keep your Azurescens patch wet during hot summer days and extended dry periods. Look and feel the soil, then insert your finger 3-4 cm below the surface to see whether it is still damp. Not moist? Add water to your patch of Azurescens!
The mycelium consumes woodchips and other organic matter in the soil. It should have sufficient nutrition to survive for years. After two years of growth, it is a good idea to add woodchips, leaves, and branches to soils that are deficient in organic matter due to their clay or sand composition. Introduce new woodchips in the spring. This allows the Azurescens mycelium sufficient time to infiltrate the substrate and produce mushrooms in autumn / fall.
Do not use fertilizers or pest repellents.
Protect you Azurescens patch against frost and snow. Add an additional layer of woodchips to the mycelium bed or cover it with branches. This protects the mycelium against the frost and adds extra nutrients.
Important warning: Overtime the Azurescens can be contaminated by other mushroom species. Only harvest the Azurescens mushrooms and remove all others. Are you not sure about the identity of the mushroom, do not use it!
From September to December (first frost), Azurescens mushrooms may be expected to grow in your garden. When the temperature is below 10 degrees Celsius and the weather is damp enough, the mushrooms emerge. Depending on the weather conditions, it is possible to harvest 1-3 flushes. Now is the appropriate time to harvest and collect Azurescens mushrooms.
When do you harvest the Azurescens Mushrooms?
Similar to the cubensis, Azurescens mushrooms are harvested after they have reached maturity. This is when the mushroom’s veil cracks. However, the circumstances for outdoor cultivation are not optimal, and it is impossible to predict when it will occur. Therefore, it is ideal to harvest Azurescens mushrooms when they ‘appear ripe.’ Every Azurescens with an open cap is ready to be harvested. Is the cap somewhat or almost open? Select them!
How do you harvest the Azurescens mushrooms?
The Azurescens mushroom are easy to harvest. Pick them one by one ar a whole cluster of mushroom at once. Grap the mushroom at it’s base, as close to ground as possible. Gently twist and the mushroom is released form the mycelium. Check your patch daily for new mushrooms
Check out the responsible use page for more information on do’s and don’ts on mushrooms. This kit is meant for small-scale home use only. Do not use for human consumption. Use for spore reproduction and research only.
The Psilocybe Azurescens are 5-6 times stronger when compared to the psilocybe cubensis.
|Grow Kit type||Variable|
|Optimum cultivation temperature||No|
|Water Spray Needed||No|